While we're on the topic of Sarah, I was also amazed that she and one of her anglophone
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Sarah's Chorale performance
Sarah loves to sing, and during this school year she was part of a rather large choral group which met at noon hours each week. On Tuesday, the group presented their production of The Sound of Music ("La mélodie du bonheur") at Centennial Theatre to a house packed with fellow
students, parents & family members. Sarah played the part of one of the young boys of the Van Trapp family (third from the left) and had a few solo parts. Singing with a hands-free wireless mic was a new experience for these grade six students, and all did well. I am amazed that she could hit that high note in the 'goodbye' song just so perfectly - makes a father proud!
While we're on the topic of Sarah, I was also amazed that she and one of her anglophone
friends received the highest marks in their class in their grade six French exams (both written and compre- hension) with A+ (96%). Along with Sarah's hard work, credit in part goes to Jennifer's parents who struggled through supporting Jennifer in French elementary school and then to Jennifer speaking exclusively French to Sarah and her siblings in their formative years. Well done, Sarah!
While we're on the topic of Sarah, I was also amazed that she and one of her anglophone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment